Yetter Tax/Sales Tax Institute
Are you a creative yet strategic marketer? Do you enjoy helping an established company find new audiences? Do you enjoy using your marketing and communications expertise to expand a company’s position as a leader in its industry? Do you want to be part of a small but mighty team that is highly respected for its content and continuing education seminars and commitment to client service? Do your values include expertise, integrity, curiosity and growth, respect and kindness, devotion and well-being?
Yetter Tax/Sales Tax Institute is an industry leader. Their content and continuing education seminars are top ranked.
Our remote Chicago based client demystifies complexities of sales tax to empower individuals and companies to understand and manage their risks and responsibilities. The Sales Tax Institute educates, consults and advocates to shine a light on the importance of sales tax compliance in business. Company elevates, profiles, influences, and values sales tax professionals.
Yetter Tax/Sales Tax Institute is committed to social justice and equity, respecting differences and similarities of all. Open to candidates who wish to work remotely, with travel as needed for company events and training.
Committed to creating a culture that values expertise, integrity, curiosity & growth, respect, kindness, devotion, well-being, respect, & kindness.
Purpose of Role:
Strategic Marketing Manager manages all functions within the marketing department which lives in the fast-paced and dynamic environment of a small but mighty sales tax consulting and education company. Reports to President & industry leader, Diane Yetter. An ideal candidate is strategic, thrives in action, is hands on, delivers marketing, public relations and educational products to grow a global brand and widen one’s expertise.
Background: Required Qualifications/Skills/Attributes
- BS or BA degree in Business, Finance or Marketing-related major
- 5-7+ years of experience in marketing professional services & B2B marketing, including 3 years’ supervisory experience.
- 3-5 years of copywriting & editing experience for email & web landing pages; short & long format writing (e.g., editing white papers)
- 3-5 years of experience creating, launching & tracking digital advertising campaigns for online products (preferably video educational products or similar)
- Experience creating & managing strategic marketing plans & content calendars
- Expert-level social media skills that drive engagement of company products & content (primarily on LinkedIn and FaceBook)
- Experience creating marketing strategies for new & existing products/services that result in increased revenue
- Skilled at analyzing marketing campaigns for strengths/weaknesses & tracking marketing metrics to report on resulting revenue
- Experience with website analysis for conversion rates & understanding what drives sales
- Enjoys identifying new audiences & creating plans for outreach
- Understands capabilities for CRM systems & benefits of using marketing campaigns.
- Passionate about crafting content that breaks down complex topics into interesting, compelling reading
- Intense drive to deliver results. Bias for action
- Self-driven & enjoys working in team environment
- Entrepreneurial spirit. Thrives in creating innovative solutions to complex problems
- Understands the “why”. Builds high-level strategy, then implements to successful completion.
- Expert proficiency in technology applications: Microsoft Office Suite (especially PowerPoint and Excel), SharePoint Online, Wrike (or other project management tool)
- Exhibits communication/leadership skills to lead marketing team; partners with other departments on new products & services
- Able to work with outside partners on joint marketing efforts, resource sharing & events to maximize brand awareness
- Experience with organizing & promoting events including site evaluation, contracting, promotion & event execution
- Experience working with trade/professional associations, chambers of commerce, or consulting firms that produce & sell educational events; skilled in managing these events (scheduling, promotion & product deliveries, etc…)
- Can clearly articulate experience creating & executing strategic brand & marketing plans
- Outstanding verbal & written skills
- Technical expertise in day-to-day marketing responsibilities. Able to manage & teach others
- Experience leading people
- Leadership Behaviors: Drive for Results, Embrace & Lead Change, Communicate Effectively, Collaborate effectively (internally and externally), Stays Competitive, Develop Self
- Demonstrates integrity and professionalism
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Sales tax or accounting/financial services industry experience
- In-depth Google Analytics understanding, baseline GA 4 understanding
- Marketing CRM management and best practices experience
- Experience selling educational courses – online & in-person formats
- Graphic design experience – or strong ability to make creative briefs.
- CRM migration experience
- Marketing automation experience
- Online community management experience
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- 15% Strategy:
- Develop & lead integrated marketing strategic plan with monthly, quarterly & yearly goals.
- Find, strategize & execute on product development opportunities that result in significant revenue growth
- 30% Course/Product Creation, Promotion & Advertising (organic & paid):
- Create & execute paid digital advertising plan
- Plan & promote 2 in-person events/year, monthly webinars, online courses & special programs
- Participate in live webinars & in-person workshops
- Broaden audience of potential attendees at conferences
- 30% Writing (emails, posts, blogs, tips, speeches, content for courses & promotional campaigns):
- Manage marketing & consulting staff content creation
- Manage PR for President & company; write content to support marketing & PR
- Manage, create & distribute monthly e-newsletters via Infusionsoft (Keap) to 18,000 subscribers
- 15% People Management/Partnering Activities (sponsors & professional associations):
- Lead marketing team, consisting of marketing staff & intern
- Collaborate with 10-11 staff
- Partner with & oversee external vendor relationships
- Manage sponsorships
- Maintain relationships with professional associations
- 10% Metrics & Monitoring (both marketing and sales metrics)
- Quarterly team gatherings in Chicago or other location
- Attendance in person at 2 Sales Tax Institute courses annually (3 days each)
- Occasional attendance at industry conferences or training
Include health care, 401K including matching and profit sharing, PTO, flexible work schedule, employee wellbeing support, professional development and memberships. Service opportunities to make a difference in the world.
In accordance with YETTER’s company value of well-being, YETTER recommends employees receive all CDC recommended vaccines. Prior to any in-person meetings or gatherings (including quarterly events, industry events, and client meetings), employees are required to test for COVID at least 1 day in advance of travel. If an employee has a positive COVID test, they will not be permitted to participate in person at the event or meeting.
Please send your resume, samples of your work, & answers to the questions from this link: https://lhazan.com/qa/ to Lynn Hazan – firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer to “Strategic Marketing Manager” in header.