Media & Public Speaking Training Company
Ref # 994
Do you live in the Chicago area? Want to work for award-winning media/public speaking training company? Are you a “go to” person who loves to keep calendars, emails and appointments? Enjoy working with CEOs? Organized with strong project management skills? Have courage to “manage up” & speak out when you believe something could be done in a superior fashion? Have superb writing & verbal communication skills? Comfortable interacting with clients? Have access to Wi-Fi and computer? Virtual position with occasional events and biweekly meetings onsite with CEO. Reports to: Founder & CEO
Media & Public Speaking Training Company info:
Woman owned training company teaches business leaders strategies to build trust with audiences. Company creates messaging that gets results & soundbites that go viral. Executives build confidence to take on bigger media & public speaking opportunities. Clients range from executives at Fortune 30 companies to tech, biotech firms, startups, TV celebrities, sports figures, small business owners to physicians educating the public on CNN.
Ideal candidate is polite, trustworthy first line of response. Is professional, organized, resourceful, friendly, & self-motivated. Possesses excellent spelling and grammatical skills. Has previous experience as Executive Admin or Personal Assistant to Executive in C-suite.
Experience with any of the following technical skills is highly desired:
Monday.com, Asana, Slack, Sales Coach, Basecamp, & HubSpot. Must have Microsoft Office proficiency.
Candidate’s Primary Focus: Take key admin tasks from CEO’s plate to free up her time for clients & to expand the company.
Customer-facing: Interface with clients & partners, mostly via email and some phone calls.
Duties and responsibilities:
- 9-5 pm or 8-4 pm Central Time. Remote. Occasional events & biweekly meetings onsite with CEO.
- Manage calendar & schedule requests.
- Provide administrative assistance: Write & edit e-mails, log hours on Monday.com, etc.
- Coordinate work/projects with other team members.
- Handle personal tasks & travel.
- Act as “first line of response” for clients, partners, media, etc.
- Research potential clients before discovery/sales call meetings to provide Founder with background information on clients (a “one-sheet”).
- Fun projects: Find & order gifts, do cool research. Be right hand to CEO.
- Manage CEO’s inbox to ensure she doesn’t miss important emails or deadlines.
Responsibilities: Breakdown on % Basis:
- 25-30% Respond to CEO’s inbox inquiries; clean up inbox.
- 20-30% Coordinate travel arrangements for all staff & team members; facilitate appointments with C-Suite executives & their staff.
- 15% Research potential clients, prep for sales calls, & source videos/conferences.
- 5-10% Personal projects for CEO.
- 10% Book U.S. travel for CEO.
- 5% Every other Friday meet in-person with CEO. Accessible via Metra/ Blue Line. Free parking.
- 5% Facilitate in-person events & training seminars.
Please send your resume, writing samples & answers to the questions from www.lhazan.com/qa/ to Lynn Hazan, Lynn Hazan & Associates– firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer to Media & Public Speaking Training Company- Strategic Assistant- Ref # 994.